The Valuing Nature Programme is holding a series of online events at the end of March for interested researchers and PhD students who wish to develop their international profile and impact. The International Summit will kick-off with a half-day webinar on March 23rd, which will be followed by a series of shorter workshops focussing on regional capacity building.
Dates and Format
Kick-Off Webinar: Tuesday 23rd March (1:30 pm to 4:30pm) This half-day webinar will have invited speakers, including UKRI and researchers working in the international field, to share knowledge and experience of funding opportunities, how to build a successful international research consortium, and what makes a successful proposal.
3 Regional Workshops: 29th March to 2nd April (days and time to be confirmed – around 90 mins) Participants and international experts will share knowledge of existing projects and initiatives and identify opportunities to support international research collaboration. Each workshop will cover one region. The regions are as follows:
- Europe - Tuesday 30th March (10am UK time). 90 minutes in length
- Global South (to be confirmed.)
- North America (to be confirmed)
The webinar and workshops will be held over Zoom and delegates will be sent Zoom links nearer the time.
Who should attend?
The Valuing Nature International Summit is aimed at researchers who wish to develop their international profile and impact, including early career and UK focused academics who wish to look at overseas opportunities.
The event is free and you can register through a short online form here. registration closes Monday 22nd March.
- Sarah Webb (Associate Director International for NERC) – "Working Internationally – Opportunities to Engage"
- Tom Wild (University of Sheffield) - 'Building a successful international research consortium? '
- Jo Chamberlain (Queen Mary University of London) - 'Writing a successful research proposal'
- Mark Sutton (UK Centre for Ecology & Hydrology) - 'Grasping the global nitrogen challenge: a personal path from science to intergovernmental action'
Keep an eye on this webpage for fuller programme as it develops.
For further enquiries please contact the Valuing Nature Programme Coordination Team
The International Summit is funded by NERC as part of the Valuing Nature Programme.