The Valuing Nature Programme held a series of online events in the spring of 2021 for researchers and PhD students who wish to develop their international profile and impact. The International Summit was kicked-off by a half-day webinar on 23rd March, which was followed on subsequent days by a series of shorter workshops focussing on regional capacity building.
The following talks from the half-day plenary session are available via the YouTube links below:
- Sarah Webb (Associate Director International for NERC) – Working Internationally – Opportunities to Engage
- Tom Wild (University of Sheffield) - Building a successful international research consortium
- Jo Chamberlain (Queen Mary University of London) - Writing a successful research proposal
- Mark Sutton (UK Centre for Ecology & Hydrology) - Grasping the global nitrogen challenge: a personal path from science to intergovernmental action
Participants and international experts shared knowledge of existing projects and initiatives and identified opportunities to support international research collaboration at the three regional workshops 29th March to 2nd April. A number of the presentations are available below:
- Jonathan Brookes (UKRI/UKRO, Brussels) - Latest opportunities for European funding [please contact the VN tema if you wish to view Jonathan's presentation]
- Allan Watt (UK Centre for Ecology and Hydrology Fellow) - EU funding: opportunities and challenges
- Global South
- Jennifer Morgan (UKRI North America) - Latest opportunities for funding and collaboration beween the UK and US and Canada
For further enquiries please contact the Valuing Nature Programme Coordination Team
The International Summit was funded by NERC as part of the Valuing Nature Programme.