The third Valuing Nature Business Impact School will be held in Edinburgh from Wednesday 29 November to Saturday 2 December 2017. The School aims to provide early career researchers with an opportunity to gain insight into producing research with business impact.
NERC has provided funding to offer fully-funded places (school, travel, accommodation, meals, field trip) for around 25 early stage researchers for BIS3.
BIS3 offers two outstanding add-ons:
- All BIS3 participants will attend the Natural Capital Coalition Day of Collaboration in Edinburgh on Wednesday 29 November, with accommodation and subsistence costs covered by BIS3. These places have already been reserved with NCC, you do not need to make a separate reservation.
- The World Forum on Natural Capital convenes in Edinburgh on Monday 27 to Tuesday 28 November. BIS3 Applicants are encouraged to apply separately for a Scholarship to attend the WFNC (apply here, deadline Friday 29 September). Successful BIS3 applicants who are also successful in receiving a WFNC Scholarship will have the balance of their WFNC registration costs as well as travel and accommodation for the extra nights covered by BIS3 funding.
Dates and venues
- The WFNC (for those securing WFNC Scholarships) is on Monday 27 and Tuesday 28 November.
- The Natural Capital Coalition Day of Collaboration is on Wednesday 29 November.
- The Business School will then convene on Thursday 30 November and Friday 1 December (venue to be confirmed), with a field day (venue to be confirmed) to view relevant business innovation in practice on Saturday 2 December.
The deadline for submission of applications is 09:00 GMT on Monday 9th October 2017.
For any queries about the Business Impact School or the Valuing Nature Programme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To receive information on future Business Impact Schools or other Valuing Nature opportunites, please sign up to the Valuing Nature Network.