18 & 19 October 2017, John McIntyre Centre, 18 Holyrood Park Rd, Edinburgh EH16 5AY.
This conference brings together people from diverse research areas and from business, policy and practice – all with the common goal of tackling Valuing Nature challenges.
Come along to:
- Catch up on UK and international research findings and innovative applications of Valuing Nature approaches
- Participate in interactive sessions with freedom to think creatively and critically about Valuing Nature and learn and share experiences
- Understand the developing evidence base and emerging new concepts arising that can help to inform decision making
- Help shape the future Valuing Nature agenda for research and application in the UK and internationally
- Showcase your new findings, tools or communications and share your views and perspectives on this dynamic and growing area of research and practice
Wednesday 18 October 12:00 – 17:30
- Opening Keynote from Professor Georgina Mace
- Afternoon tea including networking, posters, demos, videos, activities & speakers’ corner
Parallel sessions: deep dive panel and discussion sessions on
- The role of the environment in human health & wellbeing
- Valuing ecosystem services & avoiding tipping points
- Networking Dinner - South Hall, Edinburgh University - 19:30
Thursday 19 October 09:00 – 15:30
- Presentations of UK and international research on Valuing Nature
- Interactive sessions for sharing experience and building understanding
There is no charge to attend the conference and we will provide a light evening meal (not including drinks, cash bar available) but you will need to book and pay for your own travel and accommodation. Places are limited and it is necessary to complete a simple application form to request a delegate pass for the conference. Priority may be given to people who offer a presentation or other activity.
Sign up to the Valuing Nature Network to receive updates valuing-nature.net/network
Valuing Nature Conference 2017
For general queries about Valuing Nature Programme, please contact email@example.com