NERC has commissioned the Centre for Sustainable Planning and Environments at the University of the West of England to conduct a review of how the evidence base for Green Infrastructure (GI) is being translated into practice. This review will inform the consideration of future investments in Innovation Programme and Partnerships within NERC.
In order to gain further insight into GI practices and their relationship with academic research there will be two events bringing together the GI community of research, policy and practice. These will be held on 5 May 2016 in Birmingham and 26 May in Glasgow (separate registration pages). The aims of these events are to:
- Feedback on the findings of the desk study.
- Gain additional information to supplement the desk based activities.
- Provide an opportunity for networking.
- Disseminate examples of good practice in GI.
- Share future initiatives and funding opportunities coming from NERC.