Valuing Nature Annual Conference 2016 - Manchester Town Hall
Conference now full - join waitlist here
This conference will provide a national forum for sharing knowledge and research about valuing nature, bringing together researchers and people who make decisions that affect nature in business, policy-making and in practice.
- Are you interested in different approaches to valuing nature?
- Are you researching new ways to understand nature’s value and to communicate with different audiences?
- Are you interested in research developments, policy and business drivers or the application of valuation information in practice?
The conference will include presentations, interactive sessions, posters and networking opportunities.
Confirmed sessions include the following:
Valuing Nature – where have we come from & where are we going? Including new research and links to other major initiatives such as BESS. Rosie Hails, Charles Godfray, Michael Winter, Piran White
Demystifying Economic Valuation. Including an overview of the recent Valuing Nature paper and a demonstration of the ORVal Outdoor Recreation Valuation Tool. Ece Ozdemiroglu & Ian Bateman
Communicating Nature’s Value. Exploring approaches in natural sciences, social sciences, arts and humanities, learning from major national and international research programmes and networks. Jonathan Porter / Rob Fish
Natural Capital Protocol. Taster Training Session on putting the Protocol into practice. Ian Dickie
Valuing Nature Workshops Call. Opportunity to get your Valuing Nature workshop idea funded.
Valuing UK nature. Sharing knowledge about different approaches to valuing nature being applied in each of the four countries of the UK
Defra’s 25 year plan for the Environment / the Natural Capital Committee - Julian Harlow
We are also planning sessions on:
- Brexit – implications for the management of the UK landscape
- Urban Greenspace and Human Health & Wellbeing
- UK Perspectives on Natural Capital Metrics
- Valuing Nature and Participatory Decision Making
We expect a very high demand for places at this event so we recommend that you send your application in soon.
If you wish to present your work at the conference you can include this in your application.
Sign up to the Valuing Nature Network now to receive updates as plans develop.