You are invited to join 350 professionals from academia, policy, business and civil society to explore how research, policy and business can meet these global challenges, at the Nexus Network annual conference Sustainability in Turbulent Times, in association with the Centre for the Understanding of Sustainable Prosperity and the Centre for the Evaluation of Complexity Across the Nexus.
- Date and time: 09.00-17.45 on Thursday 16 March 2017
Over the next few years, the British exit from the EU, the new US administration, and unpredictable waves of populism and authoritarianism are likely to recast key environmental and social policies and to have profound effects on the prospects for sustainable prosperity. International frameworks of governance and collaboration will need to be redesigned, and the legitimacy of some forms of expertise and evidence are being called into question.
With a focus on the food-water-energy nexus, the event will
- explore the future of environmental policy
- examine the relationship between prosperity, inequality and sustainability
- debate the role of expertise and emotion in policy making
- consider practical approaches to navigating complexity.
To see the full agenda and speakers or to register go to the
Sustainability in Turbulent Times event page.
Nexus Network, Centre for the Understanding of Sustainable Prosperity and Centre for the Evaluation of Complexity Across the Nexus teams.