- 2 Apr 2015
An interesting paper by Sandifer et al (2015) explores the opportunities to enhance health and biodiversity conservation:-
Exploring connections among nature, biodiversity, ecosystem services, and human health and well-being: Opportunities to enhance health and biodiversity conservation doi:10.1016/j.ecoser.2014.12.007
- Evidence links biodiversity to ecosystem services (ES) and health to nature exposure.
- A few novel studies link biodiversity exposure to improved health and well-being.
- We provide a comprehensive summary of health effects of ES, nature and biodiversity.
- Future research should address causation of health benefits and action mechanisms.
- New multidisciplinary collaborations are needed to enhance health and conservation.