13 & 14 November 2018, National Museum Cardiff
Midday on Tuesday 13 November to 3.30pm on Wednesday 14 November.
This 2-day conference aims to bring together people from diverse research areas and from business, policy and practice with the common goal of tackling Valuing Nature challenges.
Attendees at last year’s event Valuing Nature Conference 2017 said this was the only meeting that brings together this diverse audience.
Registration is FULL for the third Valuing Nature Annual Conference.
Valuing Nature Conference 2018
- Share research findings and experience of applying Valuing Nature approaches in practice
- Participate in activities and discussions with people with diverse perspectives to help find common ground
- Contribute to development of the future Valuing Nature agenda in the UK and internationally
The Conference will start with lunch at midday on Tuesday 13 November and will finish at 3.30pm on Wednesday 14 November. It will include a light dinner on Tuesday evening. There is no charge to attend the conference which is funded by the Valuing Nature Programme.
This year’s conference, #ValNat18, will include panel discussions and interactive sessions on the following topics:
- Facilitating Investment in Natural Capital: Developing a new cohort of researchers and innovators
Bringing together the investment, practitioner and research communities to explore research and innovation needs to underpin investment in nature / natural capital.
- Valuing the Arts in Valuing Nature
An opportunity to engage critically with salient examples of arts-led and arts-informed research related to the concerns of valuing nature, drawing on cases within and beyond projects funded by the Programme.
- Global Challenges and Valuing Nature: Making the Connection
An exploratory conversation about the contribution a Valuing Nature perspective can make to the Global Challenges Agenda, including presentations and a panel discussion.
- Applying Nature-Based Solutions
Presentations and discussion exploring how the concept of nature-based solutions is being applied in research and practice in the UK and internationally to tackle societal challenges.
- Understanding Options for Agricultural Land Use Post Brexit
From modelling exercises and scenario building to advocacy and policy proposals: post Brexit land use is not suffering from an attention deficit. But what do we really know about the likely balance and intensity of land use as the impact of CAP diminishes? This session will explore the possibilities and potentialities for a post-CAP agriculture.
- Exploring Social Values for Sustainability
A session presenting emerging work on the assessment and application of social values in conservation and sustainability planning and management.
- Valuing Nature for Marine and Coastal Decisions
Bringing together new research findings, insight into the changing policy landscape and lessons from practical projects that recognise the huge public interest in marine and coastal environments.
- Demystifying Health & Health Metrics
What do we mean by human health when considering decisions about the natural environment, and what should we measure? This session will share the findings of the Valuing Nature “Demystifying Health” community-developed report and kick-off a new “Demystifying Health Metrics” activity.
Tweet #ValNat18 to let people know you are attending!
Sign up to the Valuing Nature Network to receive updates valuing-nature.net/network.
Valuing Nature Conference 2018